Improving Hospital Safety & Security
Strengthening interdisciplinary responses to violence & aggression.
When : 21-02-2018 - 22-02-2018
Time : 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Location : CQ Functions, Melbourne
Up to 95% of healthcare workers have experienced verbal or physical assault - WorkSafe Victoria.
The implications of Occupational Violence and Aggression (OVA) have far reaching consequences on the safety and long-term wellbeing of hospital staff, patients and visitors.While OVA is common, it should not be tolerated or become an accepted part of the job.
The Improving Hospital Safety & Security conference will bring together key stakeholders across clinical, security, police and paramedic backgrounds to share tangible strategies to improve coordinated approaches to prevention, intervention and post-incident responses.
This conference will focus on:
• Strengthening incident prevention & embedding a safety culture
• Boosting interdisciplinary & interagency collaboration & communication
• Supporting staff wellbeing post-incident
• Utilising data & technology to inform hospital initiatives
• Navigating legal issues & balancing duty of care with staff safety
Who will attend?
Security & patient services personnel responsible for:
• Security Services
• Patient Support Services
• Facilities Management
• OHS/WHS, OVA
And clinicians responsible for:
• Mental Health
• Drug & Alcohol
• Aged Care
• General Medicine
Register with CC*HH to save $100 off the current early bird rate!