Invacare Australia Pty Ltd
Invacare provides you with market-leading medical products that promote recovery and active lifestyles for those requiring home and other non-acute health care.
Invacare provides you with market-leading medical products that promote recovery and active lifestyles for those requiring home and other non-acute health care. Our goal is to help our customers lead the most active, vital lifestyles possible by using well-researched, quality products.
As the world's leading manufacturer and distributor of these products, we support a wide range of customers. We have a team of Product Specialists that work closely with over 170 dealers nationwide that service customers directly with rehabilitation, home healthcare and mobility equipment. Our Australian Healthcare Equipment (AHE) Product Specialist team focuses on direct sales of key products designed specifically for the Nursing Home and Hospital environment. We have manufacturing plants around the world, as well as service facilities throughout Australia, that design and custom manufacture healthcare equipment for the Australian and international markets.
"Innovation in Healthcare."
Today, Invacare is the global leader in the $6-billion home medical product industry. The company conducts business in more than 80 countries around the world and has the largest distribution network in the industry. The company's world headquarters are in Elyria, Ohio, located outside of Cleveland; the European headquarters are in Tours, France.
Invacare products in Australia are supplied through both Invacare and a network of national dealers. Our Invacare Dealers pride themselves on excellent service and the quality of Invacare branded products.
Invacare Australia’s Head Office and distribution centre is in Sydney and we work with our 170+ partners nationwide to deliver the product to you.
What We Believe
Invacare will be the preferred supplier of rehabilitation and home medical equipment, through recognition of our innovative, quality products and services. Through understanding our customers' needs, Invacare will help rebuild and maintain active lifestyles.
- Customers - We are committed to understanding our customer's needs and exceeding their expectations.
- People - We attract, reward and develop people whose skills and behaviours achieve our goals and objectives.
- Integrity - We conduct our business in a legal, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
Our Core Objectives
Our core competencies will be the marketing and supply of quality products, focused on rebuilding active lifestyles for disabled and aged consumers.
We will develop long-term partnerships with all stakeholders, and through listening to the needs of users and clinicians, will together develop and distribute products and services that promote independence.
We will be recognised as the provider of superior service to our customers, minimising the assets employed within the business.
We will develop the culture of the Invacare organisation by aligning the skills and behaviours of our people to achieve our declared goals and objectives.
- Innovative products and a comprehensive healthcare range
- Clear communication, efficient service and training
- Listen to the needs of users, clinicians and customers
- Together, innovate the best practice in healthcare
Invacare Corporation traces its roots back to 1885 when the Worthington Company began producing a line of vehicles designed for people with physical disabilities. Through the years, the complexion of the company has changed several times, but the wheelchair business has remained a focal point.
In late 1979, Mal Mixon, vice president of Marketing for Technicare, (Owned by Johnson & Johnson) invested heavily in the purchase of Invacare, which at the time was a small subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson. As Mixon and the new Invacare management assessed their situation, they were faced with quite a challenge: a debt load at three points over prime in a rising interest rate environment; at 1979 year-end, pro forma earnings of only $100,000 on sales of $19 million; a limited product offering with no new products in development; and a dominant competitor more than six-times Invacare's size. The challenge, however, was met head-on.
In 1980 sales grew by over 25 percent to $25 million and earnings skyrocketed to $1.4 million. The following year Invacare entered its first new market of home care beds through a small acquisition; the first of many strategic acquisitions to follow.
The other component of Invacare Corporation's success has been the company's unending search for opportunities to expand its product and geographic market opportunities through external partnerships and acquisitions. This geographical push resulted in the creation of Invacare Australia Pty Ltd in October 1998. Invacare Australia grew quickly through the development of a strong distributor network and acquisitions. The acquisitions listed below form Invacare Australia Pty Ltd and are now branded and distributed under the Invacare name.
- 1996 Rollerchair, Adelaide, Australia. A manufacturer and distributor of manual and power wheelchairs
- 2000 Pro-med, Melbourne, Australia. Australasia’s leading manufacturer and distributor of patient lifting systems
- 2004 Decpac, Adelaide, Australia. Manufacturers of lightweight, strong and extremely portable ramps
- 2005 Australian Healthcare Equipment Pty Limited (AHE), Melbourne, Australia. AHE is a manufacturer and distributor of healthcare equipment to the aged care, public and private hospital markets. AHE was established in 1994 through the merger of two respected and established companies in the Healthcare Industry, namely Murphy’s Furniture Pty Ltd in New South Wales and Hendicare Hospital Equipment Victoria.
Invacare Australia out grew its Chatswood (Sydney) premise in 2001 and relocated to Seven Hills (Sydney). In 2004 offices and warehousing was combined, requiring a move to a larger facility, which is now the Invacare Australia head office, in North Rocks, Sydney.
1 Lenton Place
North Rocks NSW 2151
4 Westfield Place
Mt Wellington 1060